Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Those Barking Strong's!

Well here we are again, blog! It seems you have sat here lonely for a while. Well, I will attempt to amuse you today. :)
School starts next week for the kids. Alli will be a 4th grader, Wyatt a 3rd grader and Eli is a big ol 1st grader! Alli is looking forward to school...mostly to see her friends, but the boys could care less. ha ha. Wyatt will miss the wii most of all. Im sure the wii will miss him too because he is the main user of her. LOL.
Im excited for a new adventure. Can I call it an adventure? Hmm...we will have to see. All of my good friends know my love of dogs. Well, it has been an interesting summer with our dogs and we decided Bella had to find a new home. Actually her old home came calling and we thought it was a good fit for her. We had her at the vet a few times for her high blood pressure. Sounds silly in a dog, huh? But it's true. She would get so nervous at every little thing and her nose would turn bright pink. The vet said that is what happens when her blood pressure goes up because the blood vessells all show up right at the tip of her nose. So...to reduce the stress on her heart...she needed less chaos. It was very hard for me, because Bella was my baby. But I really didnt want to see her have a heart attack at 5 years old.
So..back to this new adventure. Where do I start? I've had dogs on my brain for years! At one time I had thought about breeding (when we lived in Missouri and had 12 acres) but in Minnesota...living in town...I cant breed, so I worked with rescue. I worked with the MN boxer rescue for a while fostering. BUT...I have always had two breeds of dogs on my mind my whole life. Great Danes and Bulldogs. The 1700 sq foot home that we live in is not condusive for a great dane, so I have been researching bulldogs for a while now. My obvious first choice was to get a bulldog puppy. Can you say "EXPENSIVE"??? $2500 for a puppy to be exact. (we are talking about English bulldogs just fyi) But after researching the entire encyclopedia of different types of bulldogs I knew that the English was the one I wanted. SO...to make a long story only mildly long...I found a breeder of English Bulldogs in Wisconsin who wants to work with me. I will have the dog as our family pet, and she will have the rights to breed him in her program. Its called co-ownership. The thing is...I get the dog for free! So...stay tuned to the Strong family to see the newest member of our family in the next week or so. He is a year old english bulldog with amazing breeding qualities. I know some of you dont agree with breeding dogs, but with the bulldog breed, if they were not bred, they would not exist. (bulldogs do not have accidental litters) And the breeder that we are going to be working with does artificial encimination, which is a very humane way to have pups with this breed.
SO...you will most likely see some pics in the coming days of our new big boy. His name is still yet to be determined. He is a piebald white with brindle markings. (dark brindle and black on his face) Im so very excited, and hope you will be excited with me! :) I know there are people who are just not "dog" people. But me...well...I am a DOG person!
There you go blog, I have wrote on you. Was it boring? Probably...but hey...at least I remembered you were in my bookmarks! Until next time...

No comments: