Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer, here is your final notice.

Dear Summer,
The thought of you in the depth of winter was such joy. I dreamed of sunshine and happy children frolicking in the grass and wonderful happy days at the pool. I had pleasant dreams of lying in the hammock listening to my ipod with wonderful summery songs, or reading a relaxing novel. I pondered on the thoughts of how happy the kids will be to not have to go to school every day and how wonderful it will be for me not to have to drive them, and make lunches or argue over homework. Summer, you were my dream season. You alone was the driving force to get me through the long Minnesota winter.
Im sure, dear Summer, that you can understand my frustration with you now that you are here. First of all, your sun has barely shined due to massive amounts rain, and my children are not frolicking...they are muddy and do not want to take showers. The pool is a reward that they are not achieving, therefore, I cannot attend. My hammock sits all alone, my books dont get read, my ipod is lost somewhere under the pile of laundry I have not yet folded. My thoughts of happy children were just a pipe dream. They are not happy. They yell at each other, and fight, and fuss when asked to do a simple chore. Oh Summer, please bring back my hope in you. I dont want to have to fire you as my favorite season. Lets start over. A new green leaf that does not fall from your beautiful trees. I will see you as potential all over again. I will have faith that the children will once again enjoy you. We will go to the pool, and we will bask in your sunlight. We will celebrate your awesome summer holiday's. We will spend time with family and enjoy each noisy child that comes over to play. Summer, I will give you another chance. Dont make me enjoy winter...please.

No comments: