Sunday, January 3, 2010

I think through my fingers.

Well, I wonder what's on my mind today? Im not one of those people who sits down to blog with a thought in my mind already. My thoughts come out through my fingers. Sometimes I dont even realize I am thinking about something until I start to type. Im good at typing. Not something many people know about me. Not something you really brag about. "Hi, Im Sarah...I can type really well." lol. No, not a great conversation starter. But it is good to have in your mind a few things that you are good at. If we dont, then how can we be confidant in ourselves? It's easy at this stage of life that I am in to forget my strengths and concentrate more on my weaknesses. Im weak in a lot of areas. (that is extremely apparent whenever one meets me) but I do have strengths as well. I dont think it's overly cocky to say a nice thing or two about myself every once in a while.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about some of my other characteristics. The ones that some (myself included) would consider "not so great". But I really have been realizing that some of those "not so great" characteristics may be the defining of who I am. They may not be so bad after all. Isnt it said somewhere that messy people are creative? I could totally be making that up...but it seems nice to me. Im messy. Ask anyone I've ever lived with. But sometimes, I find a light at the bottom of the laundry pile and it gives me just a little bit more insight into who I am. I dont know, sometimes through our weaknesses we find our strengths. We overcome. I flunked keyboarding class when I was in 9th grade. I couldnt make my fingers find the right keys no matter how hard I tried. Now, Im one of the best typists I know. Yup, we can find our strengths in our weakness....we just have to choose to overcome our own weakness. "Hey, Im Sarah....and I am a good typist."

No comments: